On this page:
Search AppDynamics API topics:
The AppDynamics APIs let you extend and customize various aspects of the AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform. This page gives you an overview of the AppDynamics APIs.
Overview of the AppDynamics APIs
The AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform exposes various APIs for customizing and extending its features. Generally speaking, they can be categorized as platform-side APIs, which are served by the Controller and Events Service, and agent-side APIs.
The AppDynamics platform server components and agents offer the following APIs:
- Controller APIs: Use to administer the Controller, configure, monitor, query metrics, and more. For documentation see the Platform API Index, below.
- Analytics Events API: Use to send custom analytics events from your own data sources to the Events Service. For documentation see the Analytics Events API section in the Platform API Index, below.
- Standalone Machine Agent APIs: HTTP APIs available at the machine agent for uploading custom metrics. See Standalone Machine Agent HTTP Listener.
- Database Agent APIs: Use to get, create, update, and delete Database Monitoring database Collectors. See Use the Database Visibility API to Configure Collectors.
- Application Agent Instrumentation APIs: Use to control and customize transaction detection and correlation, along with exit point detection. The agent APIs include:
- Mobile RUM: Instrument mobile applications for real user performance monitoring. See Instrument iOS Applications for more information.
- Cloud Connector API: Use to integrate cloud auto-scaling features with new platforms. See Custom Cloud Connectors.
The following section lists the general platform APIs, API's served at the Controller and Events Service, that are documented in this section.
Platform API Index
Here are all the methods in the AppDynamics Controller and Events Service APIs:
- Accounts API
- Application Model API
- Metric and Snapshot API
- Alert and Respond API
- Configuration API
- Configuration Export and Import API
- Analytics Events API