On this page:
There are two types of reports:
- scheduled reports: PDF-formatted reports automatically sent to a recipient list on a predefined schedule
- on-demand reports: PDF-formatted reports created ad hoc using a pre-defined template
To access reports:
- Click Dashboards & Reports in the menu bar.
- If there are existing reports displayed, click Go to Reports.
- Click Create Report to create a new report.
- Click either Scheduled Reports or On Demand Reports.
You can schedule periodic generation and delivery of the following reports to a list of email recipients.
- Application Health Report: Captures application health data from the application dashboard.
- Custom Dashboard Report: Captures the data in a custom dashboard.
- Controller Audit Report: Captures user logins, user information changes, controller configuration changes, application properties changes, application object changes, (such as policies, health rules, EUM configuration, and so on), environment properties changes. Alternatively, you can also view the controller audit log. See Controller Logs.
To create or modify a scheduled report:
- In the Reports window, do one of the following:
- To schedule a new report, + Create Report.
- To edit or view an existing report schedule, select the report and click the Edit (pencil) icon.
- To remove an existing report schedule, select the report and click the Delete (-) icon
- If you are creating a new report or editing an existing one, complete the three tabs in the scheduled report form: Schedule, Report Data, and Recipients.
- Click Save.
Custom Time Ranges
If you need to use a custom schedule, in the Timerange pulldown menu of the Report Data tab for an application health or controller audit report, select Custom. If there is an existing custom time range that meets your needs, select it from the Saved Time Ranges list. If you need to create a new custom time range, click Manage Custom Time Ranges at the very bottom of the pulldown menu and configure a new timerange.
Filters for Controller Audit Reports
You can exclude data from controller audit report data by Username, AccountName, Action, ObjectType and ObjectName.
For example, this report would omit data for the Payroll user and the Admin account:
The filter applies a CONTAINS match and is case-insensitive, so that a match on "payroll" or Payroll User" in this example would match. When multiple filters are applied, if any of the filters matches the item is filtered out of the report.
On-demand reports are not distributed automatically. It is the responsibility of the creator to send or post the report to make it available to its intended recipients.
To use the report templates:
In the On-Demand Reports window, click the Generate Report button on the report template that you want to use.
Configure the report in the template.
Click the Export PDF button to export the report to a PDF document. In the dialog that appears, name the report and click Save.
The following report templates are provided:
- Business Transaction Summary: In the template, configure time range covered by the report, the business transactions to be summarized, and the sorting parameters. You can start entering the name of the Business Transaction in the search field to locate the business transactions. The Business Transaction Summary Report summarizes the metrics for the business transactions that you select.
- Business Transaction Trend: In the template, configure the time range covered by the report and the business transaction to be covered in the report. You can start entering the name of the business transaction in the search field to locate the business transaction. The Business Transaction Trend Report shows the key performance indicators for the specified business transaction.
- Hardware Utilization: In the template, configure the time range covered by the report, the tier or tiers to report on, the sorting parameters, and the format of the report (tree or grid). The Hardware Utilization Report shows hardware utilization metrics for the selected tiers. For hardware utilization per node, use the template.
- Memory Utilization: In the template, configure the time range covered by the report, the tier or tiers to report on, the sorting parameters, and the format of the report (tree or grid). The Memory Utilization Report shows the utilization metrics for the selected tiers and nodes.
- Node Performance Summary: In the template, configure the time range covered by the report, the tiers and nodes to report on, the sorting parameters, and the format of the report (tree or grid). The Node Performance Summary Report summarizes performance indicators for the selected tiers and nodes.
- Node Trend: In the template, configure the time range covered by the report and the node to report on. The Node Trend Report shows metrics for problems, summary statistics, and response time the selected node. When the Standalone Machine Agent is installed, hardware metrics are also reported.
Other Ad Hoc Reports
For selected metrics over a certain time range:
In the Metric Browser with the metrics to be reported selected and the desired time range set, click the Export Data pulldown menu, then Export as PDF Report.
For call graph data:
In the lower left corner of the call drill down window of a transaction snapshot, click Export to PDF .
For dashboard data:
To report data from the following dashboards:
From the Actions (lightening bolt) pulldown menu in the dashboard access the Actions dropdown menu click View Old Dashboard.
Then in the Actions menu of the old dashboard click Export as PDF report.