You must have an EUEM license to access Web EUEM. See EUEM License.
End User Experience Management (EUEM) must be enabled at the application level. Its UI is visible in the Controller GUI only if EUEM is enabled. You can enable and then disable EUEM if you decide not to use the feature. See Enable and Disable EUEM.
A special EUEM license key is required. It covers both Web EUEM and Mobile EUEM.
For on-premise customers, the license key is set up within the Controller license file. If you added EUEM after your initial installation, you may need to upload and install the new Controller license file. If you are a SaaS customer, the EUEM license is set up in the SaaS Controller for you.
Accessing Web EUEM Configuration
- In the left navigation menu, click Configure -> Instrumentation.
Click the End User Experience tab.
Always remember to click Save in the EUEM configuration screens whenever you make a change.
Web EUEM Prerequisites
To turn on Web EUEM functionality you need to:
- enable End User Monitoring
Enable and Disable Web EUEM
- At the top of the End User Experience configuration screen:
- check Enable End User Experience Monitoring to enable Web EUEM.
- clear Enable End User Experience Monitoring to disable Web EUEM.
- Click Save in the Web EUEM configuration screen after you have made your change.
Configure On-Prem Controller HTTP Proxy Settings (Optional)
If you have an on-premise Controller that uses an HTTP proxy host and port to communicate with the Internet, and you do not have an On-Premise Processor, you need to add the following JVM options to the Controller configuration so that the Controller can communicate with the EUEM Cloud aggregator, which performs EUEM data processing:
- Set appdynamics.controller.http.proxyHost to the proxy host name or IP address.
- Set appdynamics.controller.http.proxyPort to the proxy HTTP port.
- If the proxy requires authentication, set credentials for the Controller using these options:
- Set appdynamics.controller.http.proxyUser to the user name that the Controller should use to authenticate to the proxy.
- Set appdynamics.controller.http.proxyPasswordFile to the plain text file that contains the password for the user.
You can use the modifyJvmOptions utility to do this. Then stop and restart the app server.
For example, the following commands show how to modify the HTTP proxy options for a Controller on Linux. You must then stop and start the Controller's app server.
Be sure to use the @ character to separate multiple options, as shown in the example. Alternatively, run the modifyJvmOptions utility once for each option to be added.
The following commands modify the HTTP proxy options for a Controller that runs on Windows, then stops and starts the Controller's app server. The quotation marks enclosing the options string is required on Windows. Run the commands from an elevated command prompt, which you open by right-clicking on the Command Prompt icon in the Windows Start menu and choosing Run as administrator.
If you need to modify these properties later, first run modifyJvmOptions with the delete command to delete the old setting, then use the add command to add the new ones.
See Modify GlassFish JVM Options for more information about this utility.
To modify the Controller configuration file directly, edit the domain configuration file:
Add the following JVM option to the existing java-config element:
Web EUEM is made up of several components, any or all of which can either be located on the Internet or hosted inside your own data center/network. On-premise access points are configured at installation or through the UI. But if your installation requires access to any of these components on the Internet, the following is a list of the locations where the various components can be accessed. You need to make sure the appropriate URLs are accessible from your network.
- The EUEM Cloud sends analytics data to the Analytics Processor. On the Internet, the EUEM Cloud sends its data to
- The Controller fetches data from the EUEM Cloud. On the Internet, the Controller fetches data from
- The Controller queries the Analytics Processor. On the Internet, the Controller queries
- The on-premise EUM Server sends data to the Synthetic Service (for an on-prem Server, only on-prem Synthetic is supported). On the Internet, data is fetched from
Additional Web EUEM Configurations
You can also configure: