This section describes how to administer the AppDynamics Pro Controller. Administration tasks include provisioning users, tuning performance, troubleshooting and maintaining the system, and more.
While the majority of topics in this section apply to on-premise Controller administrators, User Authentication and Permissions applies to SaaS users as well.
You perform most administration tasks from the command line of the Controller machine. AppDynamics provides command line tools for common operations, such as starting and stopping the Controller and its individual services. In addition, some tasks involve using the administration interface for the underlying Glassfish application server, either the web interface or the command line tool.
These topics and more are covered in these pages:
- Access the Administration Console
- Start or Stop the Controller
- Configure an SSH Key for Controller Access
- Controller Version
- Modify GlassFish JVM Options
- User Authentication and Permissions
- Controller Data and Backups
- Controller High Availability (HA)
- Export and Import Business Application Configurations
- Controller Tenant Mode
- Customize System Event Notifications
- Controller Logs