Performance Counters and the .NET Machine Agent
You can specify additional performance counters to be reported by the .NET Machine Agent.
To configure additional performance counters for .Net
- Shut down the AppDynamics.Agent.Coordinator service.
Edit the config.xml file as an administrator. See Where to Configure App Agent Properties.
Add the Performance Counters block as a child of the Machine Agent element.
Create a Performance Counter element for each performance counter you want to add. Use any of the performance counters as specified in Performance Counters in .NET Framework.
- Set the cat attribute to the category of the performance counter.
- Set the name attribute to the performance counter name.
- Set the instance attribute to the of the performance counter.
If a particular performance counter has many instances you can specify the following options:
- instance ="*" OR
instance ="all" (This will report the sum of all instances)
For example, to add the performance counter for measuring CPU Idle time(%), add the following element in the <perf-counters> block:
- Save the config.xml.
- Start the AppDynamics.Agent.Coordinator service.
Sample .NET Machine Agent configuration with additional performance counters