AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
You must configure AppDynamics so that it can connect to your cloud provider.
You need to deploy a cloud connector to provide an interface between AppDynamics and your cloud provider. If there is no existing connector for your cloud provider, you can create your own. See Create Your Own Compute Cloud Connector.
Open a support ticket. The connector for your provider is deployed for you.
1.Log in to the AppDynamics Exchange on AppDynamics Community.
2. Under the Categories column on the left side, select Cloud Connector. The connectors appear in the right column.
3. To see more detailed instructions for use, click the name of the connector in which you are interested, or simply click Download.
4. Unzip the downloaded file into the
<controller-install-dir>/lib/connectors directory of your Controller instance.
The rest of the process is done through the UI.
1. Restart the Controller and log into the Controller UI.
2. Click the User Icon in the upper right corner and select My Preferences.
3. Check the Show Cloud Auto-Scaling features checkbox
4. Cloud Auto-Scaling now appears in the AppDynamics top left navigation menu.
AppDynamics needs to have the credentials for your cloud provider account.
1.Click Cloud Auto-Scaling.
2. Select Compute Clouds.
3. Click + Register Compute Cloud to register a compute cloud.
4. Enter the name and description of the compute cloud instance.
5. From the Type drop-down menu select the type of cloud from the list of solutions that AppDynamics supports for automation integration.
6. Enter the account credentials that are specific to the cloud provider. These typically include an identifier or name, the access key and the secret access key.
6. Click Register Compute Cloud.
7. Go on to select your preferred machine images on Machine Images and Instances.