This topic describes how to install the Machine Agent on 64-bit Solaris using the ZIP archive that includes JRE 1.8. Adding the Machine Agent as a service is not supported on Solaris.
Install the Agent
Before installing, review the installation notes here: Install the Standalone Machine Agent.
- Machine agent on Solaris is supported only when the installation is done in Global zones.
- Verify that the Solaris host has the
nawk(new awk) utility installed. The Solaris agent requires this utility.
- Download the Machine Agent Bundle for Solaris from the AppDynamics Download Center. There are two installation bundles available:
- For Sparc machines: Machine - Agent Bundle - 64-bit solaris-sparcv9.zip
- For x86 machine: Machine Agent Bundle - 64-bit Solaris.zip
Unzip the agent Zip bundle as follows where <machine_agent_home> is the install directory.
Gather your configuration details and configure the agent by editing <machine_agent_home>/conf/controller-info.xml file or by adding system properties to the JVM startup script file.
See Plan the Machine Agent Configuration.
- (Required) Configure the Controller host name and port number, and account access key
- (Required for Multi-Tenant Mode or SaaS installations) Configure the Agent Account Information. See Controller Accounts (Multi-Tenancy).
- (Optional) Review memory requirements. See Standalone Machine Agent Requirements and Supported Environments.
- (Optional) To configure the agent to use SSL see Enable SSL for Standalone Machine Agent.
- (Optional) To configure the agent to use proxy settings see the proxy settings in Standalone Machine Agent Configuration Properties.
- (Optional) Application and tier name, see Standalone Machine Agent Installation Scenarios to determine if you need to specify an application name and tier name. Usually, if you are installing the Standalone Machine Agent on the same server with any APM app agent, you should not specify application name and tier name.
Start the agent from the command line:
- Verify that the Agent is reporting to the Controller.