On this page:
AppDynamics can extract data from dashboards and create scheduled and on-demand reports. Configure automatic report generation on a regular schedule or create reports manually when needed.
Scheduled reports are created automatically on a regular interval. AppDynamics helps create reports with the data pulled out from Dashboards and sends it to the configured list of email recipients, as scheduled. To deliver a report instantly, use Send Report Now option available for a report.
Report Types and Formats
Schedule periodic generation and delivery of the following report types to a list of email recipients:
|Report Type||Captured Information|
|Application Health Report|
Application health data from the application dashboard that includes:
Dashboard data in the selected custom dashboard
|Controller Audit Report|
Audit entries that include:
For Controller Audit Reports, AppDynamics supports the following file formats:
|Home Screen Report|
Overview data from the home page
|All Applications Summary|
Data summary from the applications page
User Experience: Browser Apps
Browser RUM data from the Browser App Dashboard Overview page
Manage Scheduled Reports
You can create and get schedule reports delivered on a regular interval. To create a report identical to the existing one, you can quickly duplicate the existing scheduled report and modify relevant fields, as required. Add a set of email recipients for the report delivery.
In addition to the scheduled delivery of reports, use the Send Report now option to send the generated report immediately to the email recipients. On the Reports page, select your report from the list and click Send Report Now from the right-click menu.
To create a scheduled report:
You need to have the account-level Configure Scheduled Reports permission to create scheduled reports.
- Click Dashboards & Reports > Reports > Add Report.
- On the Create Scheduled Report page, customize your report as follows:
- Enter Report Title and Report Subtitle.
Tip: You can label a report CONFIDENTIAL using Report Subtitle.
- Optionally, select Show Title Page to include a title page at the beginning of your report file.
- Select your Report Type from the drop-down list. Based on this selection, fields in the Report Data tab vary.
- Make necessary changes in the Schedule, Report Data, and Recipients tabs and click Save.
- Enter Report Title and Report Subtitle.
Alternatively, you can click Create Report from the Dashboards & Reports page to view Create Scheduled Report page.
To create a controller audit scheduled report:
Create a Controller Audit report to view changes made to the user information, controller configuration, and application properties. Following are the attributes used in a controller audit report to organize audit data:
- Object type
- Object name
- API key name, if applicable
- API key ID, if applicable
When you are creating a scheduled report, you have to choose the Report Type on the Create Scheduled Report page. Based on this selection, fields in the Report Data tab vary.
Once you select the Report Type as Controller Audit, the Reports Data tab allows you to do the following:
- Include data from a standard or custom time ranges. You can create and manage custom time range, if required.
Note: Custom time range options are available for all the Report Types.
Select your report file format:
Specify the file format of your scheduled controller audit report such as PDF, JSON and CSV.
Optionally, uncheck the Show Diff box to remove the Object Changes column from your report file.
- Select an attribute from the drop-down list, enter the attribute value for filtering, and click +Add.
Use exclude and include filters on the data that appears in a controller audit report file (such as Date/Time, Username, Action, Object Type, Object Name, API key Name, and API key ID) to manage specific audit entries in the report.
|Exclude/Include||Same||Different||Audit entries matching with any of the attributes are excluded/included.|
|Exclude/Include||Different||Different||Only audit entries matching with all of the attribute values are excluded/included.|
You can use the controller audit log that replicates the Controller Audit Report. This audit log helps monitor user activities and configuration changes in the Controller. See Controller Audit Log
To view, edit, duplicate, enable, disable, export, import, and delete a scheduled report:
You can manage scheduled reports from Dashboards & Reports > Reports > Scheduled Reports page. To edit, duplicate, enable, disable, export, import and delete reports, use the menu bar on the Scheduled Reports page or the right-click menu options available for each report in the list.
At any time, generate a report using templates and export the data to a PDF file. This process simply makes a PDF file available to you for download; it does not result in a notification to others or any other type of posting.
To view all the on-demand report templates, click On-demand Reports tabs and select your application from the drop-down list. The report templates available for generating on-demand reports are:
|Business Transaction Summary|
The report summarizes the metrics for the business transactions that you select.
|Business Transaction Trend|
The report shows the key performance indicators for the specified business transaction.
The report shows hardware utilization metrics for the selected tiers.
The Memory Utilization Report shows the utilization metrics for the selected tiers and nodes.
Configure the time range covered by the report, the tier or tiers to report on, the sorting parameters, and the format of the report (tree or grid).
Node Performance Summary
The report summarizes performance indicators for the selected tiers and nodes.
Configure the time range covered by the report, the tiers and nodes to report on, the sorting parameters, and the format of the report (tree or grid).
The report shows metrics for problems, summary statistics, and response time the selected node. When the Standalone Machine Agent is installed, hardware metrics are also reported.
Configure the time range covered by the report and the node to report on.
Select from the embedded metric browser the metrics you want to report and click Export Data and then Export as PDF Report.
To create on-demand reports:
Use report templates to generate on-demand reports.
- From the Dashboards & Reports > Reports > On Demand Reports page, select your application from the drop-down list.
- Select your report template and click Generate Report.
- On the Reports pop-up window, enter the appropriate information and click Export PDF.
- When the export is complete, click Save Report.
Other Report types that you can generate using Controller UI are:
- A report on metrics data over a certain time range:
- Select the report in the Metric Browser with the metrics to be reported.
- Select the desired time range.
- Click Export Data and select Export as PDF Report.
- A report on Call graph data:
- In the lower-left corner of the call drill-down window of a transaction snapshot, click Export to PDF.