On this page:
PHP Agent Support
PHP agent supports the following versions of PHP:
PHP Web Servers
Apache 2.2 and 2.4 in the following modes:
- worker MPM mode using
Any web server compatible with php
Any Linux distribution based on glibc 2.5+.
Mac OS X 10.9+
- PHP agent supports 32-bit operating system only on PHP 5.6.
- PHP agent is supported only in cli mode for CentOs 8 / RHEL 8.
PHP Frameworks and Protocols
Entry Point Type
3.4+, 4.x, 5.x
1.5, 1.6, 1.7
If your PHP framework is not listed here, the agent detects your entry points as PHP Web and names the business transactions based on the first two segments of the URI — the default naming convention for PHP Web transactions. So it is still possible to monitor applications on unsupported frameworks. Laravel BTs are detected as symfony, as laravel itself is built on top of symfony.
There are few limitations of the PHP agent. The PHP agent does not:
- Monitor PHP applications in Zend Thread Safety (ZTS) mode. If you are using ZTS, AppDynamics suggests that you review your dependencies on ZTS to confirm that you actually need it, and if you do not, to switch to the non-ZTS mode
- Support Zend Monitor
- Officially support plug-ins that encrypt and, or obfuscate PHP code such as Zend Guard or ionCUBE Loader
- Support compatibility with the Xdebug module
Default Transaction Naming
page callback name
PHP MVC Frameworks
PHP Modular MVC Frameworks
|PHP Web Service||service name.operation name|
|PHP CLI||last two segments of the script's directory path plus the name of the script|
Virtual host prefixing is available for all supported entry point types except PHP CLI.
|Pivotal Cloud Foundry|
Supported HTTP Exit Points
*The total time reported for a curl/multi_curl request in the Controller is the same as reported by the function
curl_getinfo. Also, we report the the following execution metrics in the exit call details for the curl/multi_curl request which are included in the total time:
Supported Database Exit Points
MySQL old native driver (removed for PHP 7)
|PostgreSQL accessed via PDO and pgsql extensions|
mysqli_multi_query is not supported.
Supported Cache Exit Points
Predis 0.8.5 and 1.1.1, on PHP versions 5.6 and higher
Although Predis is a full PHP client library, the PHP Agent supports Predis as an exit point only, not as an entry point.
Supported Web Service Exit Points
Supported Message Queue Exit Points
RabbitMQ support requires the amqp extension.
Opcode Cache Compatibility
Alternative PHP Cache (APC)