On this page:
On this page:
If an artifact has been updated, the version number of the updated artifact and its availability date are listed below. The version number corresponds to that shown on the download portal (http://download.appdynamics.com).
The most recent releases appear at the top of the page.
For information on agent and Controller compatibility, and updates to individual AppDynamics Language Agents, see the following pages:
- Agent and Controller Compatibility
- Java Agent Notes
- .NET Agent Notes
- Node.js Agent Notes
- PHP Agent Notes
- Python Agent Notes
- Apache Web Server Agent Notes
- C/C++ SDK Notes
- Go Language Agent Notes
- IBM Integration Bus Agent Notes
For updates to new decoupled agents developed by partners or other third parties, see the following pages:
February 11, 2019
- ADQL now offers data conversion functions. You can use data conversion functions to correct erroneous data types, or format data types to enable mathematical or indexing functions.
- You can now determine field type for HTTP Request and Method Invocation Data Collectors with transaction analytics data type conversion.
|APMPLAT‑9463||APPS_ALL_DASHBOARD screen, View Option does not persist|
|APMPLAT-10231||Sorting by tier name does not work on Exception rate page|
|APMPLAT-10317||Logger name typo (when collecting agent debug logs for Java)|
|APMPLAT-10348||Unable to render "App Server Agent Configuration" for all nodes|
|APMPLAT-10365||Error 404 on UI when trying to disable agent|
|DLNATIVE-2129||Execution time in transaction snapshots is always showing zero|
|DLNATIVE-2172||Agent's backward compatibility broken|
December 21, 2018
|PLATCPS-7723||Database health rules are not evaluating with external user who has default Account Owner and Administrator roles|
|APMPLAT-9250||Baseline of type None needs 1 day data|
|APMPLAT-9283||Number of nodes value is wrong in tiers and node dashboard|
|APMPLAT-9529||Replace Correlation Analysis|
|APMPLAT-9652||Not able to edit Thread Dump Collection Interval|
November 19, 2018
There are new REST APIs to export and import transaction detection rules in Config 2.0. See Configuration Import and Export API for more information.
|APMPLAT-6108||REST API to import transaction detection is not working|
|APMPLAT‑7018||Remote Services does not select the correct elements|
|APMPLAT-9009||Navigating to the "Business Transaction" tab from the "Flow Map" edge causes an HTTP 500 Error|
|APMPLAT-8910||Not able to create applications and register new nodes after upgrading to 4.5.1 on on-prem Controllers|
|APMPLAT-8617||Sorting is done incorrectly for Error count|
|APMPLAT-8508||Automatic "Service Endpoint Detection" cannot be configured at the application level|
|APMPLAT-8444||"All Apps" page doesn't load for one day because the maximum number of return points was exceeded|
|APMPLAT-7018||Remote Services does not select the correct elements|
|APMPLAT-6108||REST API to import transaction detection not working|
October 15, 2018
Deprecation and End of Life (EOL) Notices
- The Cloud Auto-Scaling functionality has been removed. Once a Controller is upgraded to 4.5.2, Cloud Auto-Scaling will no longer be available in the UI and the functionality will no longer work.
September 5, 2018
- The Controller no longer records zeros for missing APM agent metrics. The removal of the zero-fill method will help with scalability and consistent handling of zero values.
|APMPLAT‑5823||BT lockdown flag not propagated to agent|
|APMPLAT-6207||Add repetitive logger for incorrect SEP registration error messages in server.log|
|APMPLAT-6470||Fix to properly enable/disable agent from the agent status UI screen|
|APMPLAT-6896||Upgrade scripts for Axon (v2.x and 3.x) framework|
|APMPLAT-7115||Unable to save Python Error Detection Configuration|
July 11, 2018
Language Agent Backward Compatibility
Starting in release 4.5, AppDynamics language agents are backward-compatible with any 4.4.1 or higher Controller. Thus you can upgrade your language agents – and take advantage of the latest agent-side enhancements, features, and bug fixes – without upgrading your 4.4 Controller. The following table outlines the Controller and language agent releases that are compatible.
|Controller Release||Language Agent Release||Notes|
|4.4.1+||4.1+||4.4.1 and newer Controllers can accept connections from newer agents.|
|4.3.x||4.1.x – 4.3.x||4.3.x Controllers cannot accept connections from newer agents.|
|4.2.x||4.1.x – 4.2.x||Agents older than 4.3 are no longer supported, and agents older than 4.1 are no longer guaranteed to connect to a Controller.|
Backward compatibility is supported on the following agents starting in Release 4.5:
- Go SDK
You can now drill down into federation applications. This allows you to display incoming calls from the upstream federated application.
A new Create Events permission has been created.
Snapshot Waterfall Viewer
- The Waterfall View within the snapshot viewer has been comprehensively enhanced. It now shows time spent in uninstrumented backend systems as well as inactive threads within instrumented nodes, and also shows the relationships between the segments. For asynchronous Business Transactions, it also labels the threads where the Business Transaction begins and ends.
|APMPLAT-756||User without CREATE_APPLICATION permission is not able to archive events, and delete events has missing permission check|
|APMPLAT-1665||Config Export REST call throws an exception and returns 500 Internal Server Error|
|APMPLAT-2267||Error message shown when upstream BT's of masked transaction are excluded|
|APMPLAT-2274||Multiple tiers in the metric browser|
|APMPLAT-2685||Agent reports snapshots for deleted BTs|
|APMPLAT-2751||DB & Remote Service Calls: missing comma in column Total Time|
|APMPLAT-2754||NPE at BTFlowMapServiceImpl.computeBTFlowMapTopologyAndFetchMetricDataInternal() due to MetricQueryManagerBean.getMetricNode() returns null|
|APMPLAT-3350||Internal Server Errors when viewing snapshots|
|APMPLAT-3610||UI display historical nodes|
|APMPLAT-3616||Improve logic of node purger|
|APMPLAT-3654||UI shows duplicate queries in the Potential issues section|
|APMPLAT-3813||Improve getProcessSnapshotDataByGuid performance|
|APMPLAT-5832||Tier & Node list not fully populating|
|APMPLAT-5887||Snapshot Waterfall has the wrong sort order|
|APMPLAT-6242||Tier and Node showing null for JVM restart time|
|APMPLAT-6329||Tiers and Nodes page: missing tier count top right corner|
|APMPLAT-6341||IIS App Pools page gets stuck under Tiers & Nodes|
|APMPLAT-6800||Copy REST URL in metric browser broken|
|APMPLAT‑6926||Error response after copying/pasting REST URL from Metric Browser|
- Business transaction retention settings are not affected by the business.transaction.retention.period value in the Admin Console.
- For JMX functionality to work, set a Currently monitored statistic set to an option other than None in IBM WebSphere.