The Database Business Transactions Window shows you the top Java or PHP business transactions, ranked by their cumulative execution time on the database. To see the Top N SQL run by a business transaction, click the business transaction and then click View Top Queries. From the Business Transaction top queries page, you can double-click a query to open the Query Details window.
AppDynamics supports Java as an application framework. Relational databases are supported as backends that need to be mapped on the Java APM to a monitored instance in database visibility. For more information, see Linking Database with application backend.
Access the Database Business Transactions Window
To access the Top Business Transactions window
- To view a database's business transactions, click the name of the database.
- Click the Business Transactions tab.
Features of the Database Business Transactions Window
On the Database Business Transactions window you can:
- Choose to view information for the top 10, 50, 100 or 200 business transactions executing queries on the database.
- Double-click a business transaction to view the queries run in that particular transaction.
- Click the down arrow next to the database name at the top of the page to choose to view the business transactions that access a different database by either selecting the database from the list or by searching for the database by entering text in the search bar and then clicking the refresh icon to show only databases that meet that search criteria.
- Click Actions to export the data on this window in a .csv formatted file that is automatically downloaded to your specified downloads directory.
On the Database Business Transactions window you can see the following information:
- Business Transaction: the business transactions that run the most number of queries on the database.
- Application: the application that each business transaction is executing in.
- Weight (%): the percentage of time that business transaction took to execute compared to other business transactions.