On this page:
You acquire your Application Analytics license from your AppDynamics sales representative.
Application Analytics License Information
Your Application Analytics license is separate from your Controller license.
To view License Information
In the upper right section of the Controller UI, click Gear Icon -> License.
View the Application Analytics panel.
There are four types of licenses associated with Application Analytics:
- Transaction Analytics
- Log Analytics
- Browser Analytics
- Mobile Analytics
Analytics licenses are based on the following:
- Volume of data:
- Transaction Analytics: Measured as a specific number of Business Transaction events.
- Log Analytics: Measured as size of incoming data.
- Browser: Page views
- Mobile: Monthly Active Users
- Data retention time
To view detailed license entitlements and restrictions, see License Entitlements and Restrictions.
How overages are handled is determined by the terms of your Analytics license agreement.
- If your license does not allow overages, AppDynamics stops capturing analytics data after your limit has been reached.
- If your license does allow overages and your usage exceeds the limit, AppDynamics continues capturing analytics data and bills you for the overage at the unit rate stipulated by your license agreement pro-rated over the volume that exceeded the limit.
Updating an On-Prem License
If you are updating a previous license, be aware that updated Analytics licenses may not automatically propagate on the Controller across multiple user accounts in an on-prem instance. Updating of these licenses must be managed manually. To update the licenses, open the Administration Console.
- Select Accounts.
- Double-click on each account to open.
- In the top section, adjust the License Date manually.
- Scroll down to the Application Analytics section, and update the license units provisioned, as necessary.
- Repeat for all accounts.