AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
The GlassFish application server versions 3.x and later uses OSGi architecture. By default, OSGi containers follow a specific model for bootstrap class delegation. Classes that are not specified in the container's CLASSPATH are not delegated to the bootstrap classloader; therefore you must configure the OSGi containers for the Java Agentclasses.
For more information see GlassFish OSGi Configuration per Domain.
To ensure that the OSGi container identifies the Java Agent, specify the following package prefix:
This prefix follows the regular boot delegation model so that the Java Agent classes are visible.
If you already have existing boot delegations, add "com.singularity.*" to the existing path separated by a comma. For example:
If running Eclipse Equinox under Glassfish:
1. Open the config.ini file located at <glassfish-install>/glassfish/osgi/equinox/configuration.
2. Add the following package prefix to the config.ini file:
If running Eclipse Equinox under the WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile:
1. Open the bootstrap.properties file in the JVM directory <WLP_home>/usr/servers/<server_name> for editing.
2. Add the following line:
For more information see Getting Started with Equinox.
1. Open the sling.properties file. The location of the sling.properties varies depending on the Java platform.
In the Sun/Oracle implementation, the sling.properties file is located at <java.home>/lib.
2. Add following package prefix to the sling.properties file.
1. Open the config.properties file, located at <glassfish-install>/glassfish/osgi/felix/conf.
2. Add following package prefix to the config.properties file.
to the boot delegation list in the <GlassFish_Home_Directory>\glassfish\config\osgi.properties file. For example:
For Jira 5.1.8 and newer, Confluence 5.3 and newer
1. Update the JIRA startup script (e.g. catalina) with the following java system property:
2. Update the Java options:
For other OSGI-based runtime containers, add the following package prefix to the appropriate OSGi configuration.