Kubernetes and App Service Monitoring provides visibility into your Kubernetes® infrastructure and services for Application Performance Monitoring (APM).
Kubernetes and App Service Monitoring allows you to:
- Gain visibility into key Kubernetes metrics from various entities such as clusters, namespaces, workloads, pods, and ingress controllers.
- Monitor hardware metrics from the server OS such as CPU and memory utilization, throughput on network interfaces, and disk and network I/O.
- Correlate your Kubernetes infrastructure entities with your public cloud assets such as compute, storage, and load balancer, as well as APM services.
- Track resource usage of pods relative to the defined requests and limits.
- Visualize your large-scale Kubernetes clusters (1000s of pods and containers).
- Monitor the Kubernetes events and application logs within your cluster.
- Diagnose issues that may prevent uptime or obstruct scalability, such as:
- Issues related to resource allocation and configuration
- Pod failures and restarts
- Node starvation
Pending or stuck pods
- Excessively high rates of reads/writes on a specific disk or partition
In addition, Kubernetes and App Service Monitoring supports:
- Auto-instrumentation of services using the OpenTelemetry™ Operator deployed by the
- Installing, upgrading, and deleting Kubernetes-related agents using the Cisco AppDynamics Smart Agent.
Cisco AppDynamics provides Helm charts that deploy the following components:
|Collects Kubernetes data.
|Collects server and container data, known as Host Monitoring.
Cisco AppDynamics Distribution of OpenTelemetry Collector
|These two operators are responsible for the life cycle management of
appdynamics-collectors and allow you to inject and configure OpenTelemetry auto-instrumentation libraries. Currently, Java, NodeJS, and Python are supported for auto-injection.
OpenTelemetry Operator for Kubernetes
Cisco AppDynamics Smart Agent
|This operator is responsible for the life cycle management of Kubernetes-related agents.
Cisco Cloud Observability supports three methods of installing Kubernetes and App Service Monitoring:
- Install Kubernetes and App Service Monitoring Using Helm Charts
- Install Kubernetes and App Service Monitoring with Spectro Cloud Palette
- Install Kubernetes and App Service Monitoring with Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
OpenTelemetry™ and Kubernetes® (as applicable) are trademarks of The Linux Foundation®.