Use the Activity Alert to produce alerts on any database. Activity Alerts are triggered when the time spent within the
database is higher or lower than the defined threshold.
You can configure multiple Activity Alerts.
- At the top right of the Alerts window, click New Alert from the top menu and from the list that appears click Activity Alert.
The Activity Alert window appears.
- Use the following field descriptions to complete the Activity Alert window and then click Save.
- Instance: Specify the monitored instance types to alert on. Instance choices in the list include: All Collectors; all collectors of a specific database platform; and specific database, server, and NetApp storage collectors. You can choose one instance.
- Compare Last: Specify the time period to examine the activity.
- Compare Higher/Lower?: Click to specify whether an alert should be sent if the activity value is higher or lower than the threshold.
- Threshold: Specify in seconds the activity level to use for comparison.
- Email: Optionally specify an alternate user to send the email alert to. If you do not specify an email address here, the email alert is sent to the Default To Email Address specified for the email server.
- Custom Email Body: Optionally specify the body content of the email alert.