This page describes the secure online Account Management Portal for managing AppDynamics accounts.
The Account Management Portal is a secure online means for account administrators to manage users and account resources and for non-administrators to edit their profile, review account details, and access AppDynamics Downloads.
Use the Accounts Management Portal to fully inactivate or edit an account for all AppDynamics components and Tenants simultaneously. User account management through a Tenant UI affects permissions for that Tenant only.
Account Management Portal Overview
These secure administrative functions are available:
- Overview Page—This page displays selective account summary information and tools based on your user type and role permissions.
- License Usage—Illustrates product usage by subscription.
- User Management—Allows user account administrative functions.
- Resources—Displays a list of the services, support, and education resources available for your account.
- Downloads—Allows downloading AppDynamics software packages that are available for your account.
These non-administrative functions are available to all users from any active tab:
- Profile—Provides user profile options.
- University—Provides training information and learning tools.
- Community—Provides a discussion forum, knowledge base, and user community.
Upon login, the Account Management Portal opens to the Overview tab. Review the User Permissions Matrix for your user role options.
Edit Profile Settings
To edit different aspects of your profile, click your name and select Profile. Once finished with your edits, click your name and select Account to return to the Overview page.
To edit your user details:
- Select the Personal Summary tab and click Edit.
- Update your User Details accordingly.
- Click Submit.
To update your password:
- Select the Password tab and click Edit.
- Enter your current password.
- Create a new password according to the listed rules and click Save.
To customize your notifications:
- Select the Notifications tab.
- Select the Notify me when a new version of AppDynamics is released checkbox to receive emails of updates, hotfixes, and new releases.
- Select the checkbox in the License Notifications column heading to receive emails whenever a license detail changes for all associated licenses.
Alternatively, you may select individual license names to reduce notifications.
The primary contact must receive license notifications. Click Email Us in Account Details to contact your AppDynamics support representative to change the primary contact.
- Select the checkbox in the Maintenance Notifications column to receive emails when planned maintenance or outages occur.
- Alternatively, you may select individual license names to reduce notifications.
- Click Save.
Access AppDynamics Downloads
Select Downloads and use the links at the top of the page for quick access to:
- Our Getting Started page for instructions to begin working with your subscription.
- License Entitlements.
- Our Updates page for product announcements.
- Instructions for the Automation of new version downloads.
Access AppDynamics University
AppDynamics University provides subscription-based educational tools to help you configure, manage, and monitor applications on your platform. Several subscription options and private training options are available.
The University offers self-paced and instructor-led courses, private training, and certification programs based on your subscription. Administrators have the option to delegate subscriptions to other users within their organization to bolster team competency.
Access AppDynamics Community
AppDynamics Community is an online customer platform where you can join discussion forums, access our knowledge base, and post questions to others in the user community.
- Click your name and select Community.
Sign in using your AppDynamics credentials.
Your profile menu on this site mirrors your Account Management Portal profile menu.
- Review the Latest Solutions to current issues.
- Review the Latest Discussions among users concerning current technologies.
- Review the Latest Posts from the Knowledge Base.
- Click Start a Discussion to ask questions of community users and experts.
- Click Access Knowledge Base to search for answers to known issues.
- Click a contributor's name to send them a message and view their profile.
Review Account Details
The Account Details section displays:
- The information provided when your company registered with AppDynamics.
- AppDynamics customer support contacts assigned to your account.
- An online tool for scheduling a 1:1 meeting with a technical consultant.
- An automated email link directed to your assigned customer success and/or sales representative.
Access a Tenant
AppDynamics refers to a Tenant license as a subscription. You can view your subscriptions and launch an available Tenant in several ways.
- Click a table heading to sort and include other Tenants in the summary view.
- Begin typing in the Search subscription field. The list will automatically display only those Tenants with the characters you enter.
- Click View all subscriptions to display the full list.
To launch a Tenant, you can:
- Click a subscription name.
- Click your name and select a Tenant from the list, or select View All.
Click your name, select Profile > Personal Summary, and select a Tenant URL from the Assigned Subscriptions list.