This topic covers release information for the AppDynamics App iQ Platform versions 4.5.x. In addition to the enhancements and resolved issues described here, the latest 4.5.x release includes enhancements and resolved issues included in certain limited-availability releases, as well as security fixes.
On this page:
The first generally available 4.5.x release is 4.5.nnn, which incorporates fixes to pre-release issues in 4.5.nnn and 4.5.nnn.
The release notes are inclusive. All updates since 4.5.nnn are noted in the 4.5.x Release Notes. The Product Announcements and Alerts page lists versions, along with release dates, across product versions.
This documentation reflects AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform version 4.5.x. Changes between minor versions are noted in the release notes and indicated in-place in the documentation where applicable.
AppDynamics App iQ Platform Notes
The following updates apply to the common components of the AppDynamics App iQ Platform, including changes to the cross-product elements of the Controller UI.
- When creating usernames in SAML in Azure environments, the UserName attribute is used if it is passed along. The NameID attribute is not handled if it is passed back in Azure. If you relied on the legacy behavior of concatenating the first name and surname, then you can workaround this enhancement by changing your Azure provider to return the concatenated names in the UserName attribute.
- Audit log, report, and API details have been enhanced.
- Audit logging coverage has been made more comprehensive.
- There is a UI for reporting of MDS audit logs.
- You can view in one place the current state of all configuration parameters that may affect your security and privacy. These settings include retention settings, custom data collectors, IP-address retention in EUM, etc.
Modal Interstitial Page
- You can provide a customizable privacy statement to your users who are configuring parts of the AppDynamics products that they have regulatory, legal, and customer-defined policies that must be followed regarding data collection. This feature is present in all places of the AppDynamics App IQ Platform UI where data collection can be configured.
- Authentication and authorization security enhancements have been made to the AppDynamics App iQ Platform in the form of scalable, securable, and admin configurable support.
- For JMX functionality to work, set a Currently monitored statistic set to an option other than None in IBM WebSphere.
Application Performance Management Notes
C/C++ Agent Enhancements
Go Agent Enhancements
Java Agent Enhancements
- The Java Agent adds support for Eclipse Vert.x version 3.5.
.NET Agent Enhancements
Node.js Agent Enhancements
- If you enable Kafka consumer entry points for the Java Agent, the flow map shows the data flow in reverse from the node to the Kafka cluster.
- Inactive nodes do not get marked as historical despite appdynamics.jvm.shutdown.mark.node.as.historical being set to true.
- Business transaction retention settings are not affected by the business.transaction.retention.period value in the Admin Console. (APMPLAT-6307)
Database Visibility Notes
End-User Monitoring Updates
- Browser Analyze enables you to viewtheend user response time as an aggregate of time in different components, such as the frontend, backend, network, CDN,andthird party content. Understanding how much time is beingspentin the different components enables you to pinpoint issues more quickly and also suggests the party responsible for an issue. For example, if you see that too much time is being spent on the backend, you can contact your backend engineers to find and correct the issue.
The new Code Issues Dashboard enables you to get trend and detailed information about caught non-fatal exceptions and instances of applications not responding (ANRs). The Android/iOS SDKs enable you to set the severity of caught non-fatal exceptions, so that you can filter code issues by severity in Code Issues Analyze.
Browser Synthetic Monitoring
- The Synthetic Jobs page shows historical data and trends for the availability and status of synthetic jobs.
The IoT REST API enables you to correlate IoT applications with TBD (business apps?). See Instrument Applications with the IoT REST APIs and Correlate Business Transactions for IoT Monitoring for more information. (TBD: the former is for how to send the headers, and the latter page shows how to configure the Controller to correlate BTs.)
Browser Synthetic Monitoring
Infrastructure Visibility Notes
Standalone Machine Agent
- The Standalone Machine Agent can now collect metrics for remote volumes.
Server Visibility Known Issues
Docker Visibility Known Issues
Standalone Machine Agent Known Issues
Application Analytics Notes
Enhancements and Updates
Experience Level Management
Upgrading the Analytics Agent
Field Names for Data Collectors
Enabling Transaction Analytics
AppDynamics On-Premises Platform Notes
The following notes describe updates to the AppDynamics on-premises platform, including the Controller, Events Service, and EUM Server components.
Deprecation and End of Life (EOL) Notices