Note the following if you want to collect and view Machine or Server metrics on a server with Machine and .NET Agents installed:
- .NET Compatibility Mode is required for metrics from a Standalone Machine Agent and a .NET Agent on the same server to be visibly associated with the same node in the Controller UI.
- There might be differences in metric values reported by the Machine Agent and the .NET Agent due to different averaging rates and measurement methods.
- You must enable .NET Compatibility Mode on the Machine Agent.
- When .NET Compatibility Mode is enabled:
- Events from Service Availability and Custom Extensions appear in the Servers tab but are not associated with .NET applications in the Controller UI.
- The Controller UI might show the server name with "-java-MA" appended to the host ID. Thus, a Standalone Machine Agent with a <unique-host-id> set to "ABC" might appear as "ABC-java-MA" in the Controller UI. This is expected behavior; the "-java-MA" suffix indicates that the host has a Standalone Machine Agent running in .NET Compatibility Mode.
- Do not specify the
<node-name> properties on the Standalone Machine Agent. These properties are intended for use with a Standalone Machine Agent on a host that has no other AppDynamics agents installed.
To enable .NET Compatibility Mode:
- You need to enable .NET Compatibility Mode on the agent. There are two methods to do this:
- Save the
- Start or restart the Machine Agent. You must do this to apply the previous changes.
You can also enable .NET Compatibility Mode on the Machine Agent by setting the
./bin/machine-agent system property as follows: