PHP Agent Support
The PHP agent supports PHP 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, and 7.1.
- For PHP 5.2 support, note the following:
- The PHP Agent does not detect MySQLi backend calls that are instantiated with the new keyword. See PHP Agent API User Guide for more information on MySQLi Driver calls.
- The PHP Agent is not supported for PHP 5.2 applications on OSX.
The PHP Agent does not monitor PHP applications in Zend Thread Safety (ZTS) mode. If you are using ZTS, AppDynamics suggests that you review your dependencies on ZTS to confirm that you actually need it, and if you do not, to switch to non-ZTS mode.
- The PHP agent is not compatible with Zend OpCache.
- The PHP agent does not support Zend Monitor.
- The PHP agent does not officially support plugins that encrypt and/or obfuscate PHP code, such as Zend Guard or ionCUBE Loader.
PHP Web Servers
- Apache 2.2 and 2.4 in the following modes:
- prefork mode using mod_php
- worker MPM mode using mod_fastcgi with php-fpm or mod_fcgid with php-cgi
- Any web server compatible with php-fpm.
- Any Linux distribution based on glibc 2.5+.
- Mac OS X 10.9+
PHP Frameworks and Protocols
Entry Point Type
7 & 8
1 & 2
1.5x & 1.6x
1.5, 1.6 & 1.7
1 & 2
|CLI|| ||PHP CLI|
If your PHP framework is not listed here, the agent detects your entry points as PHP Web and names the business transactions based on the first two segments of the URI (the default naming convention for PHP Web transactions). So it is still possible to monitor applications on "unsupported" frameworks.
Default Transaction Naming
page callback name
PHP MVC Frameworks
PHP Modular MVC Frameworks
|PHP Web Service||service name.operation name|
|PHP CLI||last two segments of the script's directory path plus the name of the script|
Virtual host prefixing is available for all supported entry point types except PHP CLI.
Supported HTTP Exit Points
Supported Database Exit Points
MySQL old native driver (removed for PHP 7)
MySQLi Extension *
|PostgreSQL accessed via PDO and pgsql extensions|
mysqli_multi_query is not supported.
Supported Cache Exit Points
Predis 0.8.5 (on PHP versions 5.3 and higher)
Although Predis is a full PHP client library, the PHP Agent supports Predis as an exit point only, not as an entry point.
Supported Web Service Exit Points
Supported Message Queue Exit Points
RabbitMQ support requires the amqp extension.
Opcode Cache Compatibility
Alternative PHP Cache (APC)