On this page:
On this page:
The following notes describe 4.5.x updates to the common components of the AppDynamics App iQ Platform, including changes to the cross-product elements of the Controller UI.
If an artifact has been updated, the version number of the updated artifact and its availability date are listed below. The version number corresponds to that shown on the download portal (http://download.appdynamics.com).
The most recent releases appear at the top of the page.
For updates to the Universal Agent, see the following page:
October 15, 2018
|PLATCPS-1423||License usage REST API returns empty set|
LDAP users are not displayed when paging is disabled and the number of users exceeds 1000.
- Enable paging with LDAP and set the number of records returned from LDAP query to less than 1000.
- Manage LDAP user permissions through groups.
September 5, 2018
|ALERT‑649||Controller does not detect service endpoints that are created after the health rule set to affect all the service endpoints is created|
|PLATUI-1168||Database RBAC in Roles does not work in 4.5 RC|
July 9, 2018
Application Performance Management
App iQ .NET Core for Linux SDK
The .NET Core for Linux SDK lets you monitor the performance of .NET Core applications running on Linux with App iQ.
The SDK supports the following:
- Business Transaction registration and error reporting
- Exit call with correlation and error reporting
- Snapshots with user properties but without callgraphs
- Audit logging coverage has been made more comprehensive. It now includes the following:
- Changes to configuration settings, for example, health rules, policies, actions, and so on.
- Application deletion
- Audit log, report, and API details have been enhanced to include more information about what was updated.
- Audit Reports:
- You can use include/exclude filters in scheduled audit reports and rest API.
- There is also support for JSON and CSV formats for audit reports.
- You can enable or disable persistence of audit log state-change data using audit.log.changes.persisted flag in the admin.jsp file.
Data Collection Dashboard
You can view the current state of all configuration parameters that may affect your security and privacy from a single dashboard view. These settings include retention settings, custom data collectors, IP-address retention in EUM, and so on. See Data Collection Dashboard for more information.
Custom Dashboard Viewer permissions
- A custom dashboard viewer can view all data that the dashboard owner is permitted to view on the controller-level custom dashboards, regardless of application-level or other restrictions applied on the dashboard data.
This customizable statement is present in all areas of the AppDynamics UI where data collection can be configured.
- Authentication and authorization security enhancements have been made to the AppDynamics App iQ Platform in the form of scalable, securable, and admin configurable support:
- You can create and use API Clients to provide secure access to the Controller through REST API calls. These calls now use OAuth token-based authentication over basic authentication. See API Clients for more information.
- The SAML authentication can handle encrypted SAML responses from identity providers. You can enable SAML Encryption on Authentication Provider of Administration on your Controller.
- When creating usernames in SAML in Azure environments, the UserName attribute is used if it is passed along. The NameID attribute is not handled if it is passed backinAzure. If you relied on the legacy behavior of concatenating the first name and surname, then you can work around this enhancement by changing your Azure provider to return the concatenated names in the UserName attribute.
The UI for configuring health rules and policies has been redesigned to create a cleaner look and make it more intuitive. For more information, see, Configure Policies, Configure Health Rules, Health Rules, and Mobile Health Rules.
- License rules are now supported for Service Availability Monitoring (SAM). You can view the SAM license graph on the Rules tab under License.
- You can create license rules using the REST API.
|ALERT‑716||Actions are now triggered even when “Execute Action on 100% of the Nodes” is configured|
|ALERT-902||Reporting of repetitive controller log files with identical content is now fixed|
|ALERT-945||Though the ‘action suppression’ configured with ‘Disable Agent Reporting’ is deleted, the associated agents do not report metrics until the configured action suppression time has elapsed|
|ALERT-2067||Cannot create health rules using synthetic job availability metrics or retrieve metrics for synthetic jobs older than a day if ‘EUM LITE’ license is used|
|ALERT-2081||REST API fails with a ‘500 error code’ if ‘CUSTOM_ACTION_STARTED’ event type is present in the returned events list and if the time duration set is greater than 120 mins|
|ALERT-2159||Status of the customized widget for a health rule remains unchanged in the dashboard although the health rule is disabled|
|Application names under Roles are not in alphabetical order|
|PLATUI-313||Application search under Roles is case sensitive|
|PLATUI-346||Application search under Roles displays blank screen after scrolling|
|PLATUI-736||Unable to save the custom role when the dashboard search box is selected|
|REPORTS‑105||Dashboard Health List names in Hebrew are not displayed on Reports on Linux Controllers|
Reports are not generated properly – includesemptyiframe
|DASH-2721||Event List changes are not reflected properly on the UI.|
|DASH-2668||Wildcard is not working for custom metrics type, Server|Component:<tier_id Or tier_name>.|
|DASH-2665||Health List widget fails for Server entities.|
|DASH-2660||War room template cannot be created withforwardorback slashesin the template name.|
|DASH-1276||Inconsistent fetch depth is observed for Metric Tree Selector while handling custom visitors.|
|DASH-1245||Editing Metric Value Widget alters the existing metric title.|
|DASH-1231||Clicking Health rule in the health status widget displays a blank page.|
|DASH-1198||Support custom metrics type, Server:Component:<tier-name> in custom dashboards.|
|DASH-1166||After upgrading the Controller from 4.0 to 18.104.22.168 dashboards are distorted.|
|PLATCPS-1624||Issue with username creation in SAML|
|PLATCPS‑3096||Snapshot information is doubled after archive operation|
|PLATCPS-3968||AWS 5.5MM /controller/restui/snapshot/getRequestSegmentData takes 44 seconds|
|PLATCPS-5591||Off-by-one error on license availability check for APM Any Language License|
- 4.5 SAML login requests fail post upgrade due to ADFS IdP. See Support Advisory: 4.5 SAML login requests fail post upgrade.
To use the Universal Agent to deploy the Analytics Agent on Linux, you must use machine-agent mode. Standalone mode is not supported for this use case.
- Using the auto-Java feature for deployment of the Java Agent with the Universal Agent is not supported on Windows 2008 SP2 32-bit and 64-bit.
- To install the .NET Agent with the Universal Agent use a local repository for the .NET Agent distribution file. Downloading the .NET Agent from the Controller is not supported.
- For JMX functionality to work, set a Currently monitored statistic set to an option other than None in IBM WebSphere.