On this page:
Access the Server Network Window
To access the Server Network Window
From AppDynamics Controller top navigation bar, click Servers. On the Servers list double-click a server name and then click the Network tab.
Server Network Window
On the Server Network window for the selected server you can:
- For each network interface, see the MAC, IPv4, and IPv6 address.
- See whether or not the network interface is:
- functional, its operational state
- equipped with an ethernet cable that is plugged in
- operating in full or half-full duplex mode
- maximum transmission unit (MTU) or size (in bytes) of the largest protocol data unit that the network interface can pass
- speed of the ethernet connection in Mbit/sec
- See the network throughput in kilobytes/sec and how many packets/sec were sent and received.
- Change the time period of the metrics collected and displayed.
- Hover over on any point on a chart to see the metric value for that time.
No metrics showing?
Network device speed cannot be found for some devices and some Linux versions.
Metrics on the Server Network Window
The following describes the columns available for the Servers Network window.
For the selected network interface:
- Network Throughput received: The volume of data received per second.
- Network Throughput sent: The volume of data sent per second.
- Packets per sec incoming: The number of data packets received per second.
- Packets per sec outgoing: The number of data packets sent per second.
For more details of the metrics shown here, see Server Monitoring Metrics Reference.