- Start the installer:
From a command prompt, navigate to the directory to which you downloaded the EUM Server installer.
Change permissions on the downloaded installer script to make it executable, as follows:
chmod 775 euem-64bit-linux-4.5.x.x.sh
Run the script as follows:
- Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator) and navigate to the directory to which you downloaded the EUM Server installer.
Run the installer:
- In the Welcome screen, click Next.
The License Agreement page appears.
- Scroll to the end of the license agreement, accept the license agreement , and click Next to continue.
- Select the directory in which you want to install the server and click Next.
- Choose Demo for the installation mode. In this mode, the installer looks for a Controller on the current host and an Events Service on a separate host. It then installs the EUM Server on the same host as the Controller. Click Next.
- In the Database Setup dialog box:
- Enter a password in the Root User Password field.
- Enter and confirm a password for the eum_user database user account.
- In the End User Monitoring Server Setup screen:
- Enter the HTTP or HTTPs listening ports on the EUM Server at which the Controller will connect to the EUM Server (the default HTTP port is 7001 and HTTPS is 7002).
- Enter a new key store password and confirm it.
Usernames and passwords can only consist of ASCII characters. In addition, passwords cannot include the characters '^', '/', or '$'.
Note that ports shown here are the location both to which the EUM Agents send their beacons and from which the Controller fetches the processed beacon data. Click Next and click Finish.