To configure the Events Service properties in the
- Navigate to and start your Controller.
- Using the CLI, navigate to the
- Open the
eum.propertiesfile for editing.
- In the
eum.propertiesfile, enter the following values:
- analytics.serverHost=<hostname>, where <hostname> is the host where the event service is running
- analytics.accountAccessKey=<eum_key>, where <eum_key> is the Events Service key that appears as the
appdynamics.es.eum.keyvalue in the Administration Console:
The configuration should appear similar to the following example:
- After updating the
eum.properties file, restart the EUM Server.
To connect the EUM server with the AppDynamics Controller:
- Log in to the Administration Console.
- Set the following Controller properties:
eum.cloud.host:– This tells you where the Controller will poll for EUM metrics
eum.beacon.host: eum-host-name:7001– This tells you where the JS agent will be configured to send out the beacons over the HTTP protocol
eum.beacon.https.host:– This tells you where JS agent will be configured to send out the beacons over the HTTPS protocol
eum.mobile.screenshot.host: eum-host-name:7001– This tells you where the Controller will look for mobile screenshots