Start Monitoring for JVM Crashes
Before you can monitor JVM crashes, you must do the following:
- Install and enable a Machine Agent on the machine that you want to monitor for JVM crashes. JVM Crash Guard works with
- the Standalone Machine Agent to trigger an AppDynamics policy when a JVM Crash event occurs.
- Ensure that the Machine Agent is running with the required privileges.
- On Windows, the Machine Agent must run in Administrator root mode.
- On Linux, JVM Crash Guard requires that the Machine Agent user be able to read all the processes in /proc/*. This may be the ‘root’ user or another user with this privilege.
- Enable the JVM Crash Guard (it is disabled by default). Navigate to extensions/CrashGuard/conf/crashGuardConfig.yml and open the crashGuardConfig.yml file. Set
Once you have verified the requirements, follow these steps to create a policy for JVM crash events: