- Use a supported Windows- or Linux-based operating system supported by the platform. (See Platform Requirements.)
- Solid state drives (SSD) can significantly outperform hard disk drives (HDD), and are therefore recommended for production deployments. Ideally, the disk size should be 1 TB or larger.
- The Events Service must run on dedicated machines with identical directory structures, user account profiles, and hardware profiles.
- For heap space allocation, AppDynamics recommends allocating half of the available RAM to the Events Service process, with a minimum of 7 GB up to 31 GB.
- When testing the events ingestion rate in your environment, it is important to understand that events are batched. Ingestion rates observed at the scale of a minute or two may not reflect the overall ingestion rate. For best results, observe ingestion rate over an extended period of time, several days at least.
- The Events Service requires Java 1.8
- Keep the clocks on your application, Controller and Events Service nodes in sync to ensure consistent event time reporting across the AppDynamics deployment.
- Your firewall should not block the Events Service REST API port 9080, otherwise the Enterprise Console will not be able to reach the Events Service Remotelyremotely.
About Hardware Capacity and Resource Planning