If you mistakenly assign a configuration, use the following steps to restore a previous version of the config.xml:
- On the Config Management window, drag the machine from its currently assigned config to Machine with no assigned templates.
- On the machine itself, rename the existing configuration file, config.xml, to a name such as config.old.xml.
- Copy the backup config file from the Backup subdirectory to the Config directory. Backup files are named as follows:
configin the following format: config-<date>.xml.
- Rename the backup config file to config.xml.
- Optionally edit the config.xml to opt out of Config Management.
- Restart the AppDynamics Agent Coordinator service.
- Restart Windows services, instrumented Windows services, and instrumented standalone applications.