- As an administrator in the Controller UI, click Settings -> > Administration.
- Click the Users tab.
- Click the Create New User button.
- Enter the information for the fields, including the Username, Name, Email, and so on.
Because of browser incompatibilities, AppDynamics recommends using only ASCII characters for user names and passwords.
- Choose at least one role for the new user.
If you do not choose a role before saving, a warning message appears in the UI. You can assign the user to a role later, but the user will not be able to use any features in the UI until assigned a role.
- Optionally, choose a group for the user.
- Click Save.
You can create a group as an administrator in the Controller UI, from the Settings -> > Administration page. Click the Groups tab and use the UI to create the group.
To enforce strong password requirements, select the Require Strong Passwords check box in the Authentication Provider tab of the Settings -> > Administration page.
Passwords set by users after you enable this requirement must meet the requirements listed in the UI. Enabling the option does not affect passwords that are already set.