AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
1. Click the plus icon to create a new policy or select an existing policy and click the pencil icon. The Policy Wizard opens.
2. Enter a name for the policy in the Name field.
3. To enable the policy, check the Enabled check box. To disable the policy, clear the Enabled check box.
4. On the left, click Trigger if it is not already selected.
5. Check the type of event that should trigger the policy. You may need to click the arrow to expose specific events within an event category.
If you check at least one health rule violation event, you can choose whether any (that is, all) health rule violations or only specific health rule violations will trigger the policy.
To designate specific health rule violations to trigger the policy, select These Health Rules, click the "+" icon, and then choose the health rules from the embedded health rule browser.
To designate specific custom events to trigger the policy, use the Custom Events panel in the lower right corner. Click the "+" icon. The Add Custom Event Filter pops up.
Define the custom event type and, if desired, particular properties on that event, as key/value pairs. Selecting the match value All indicates a logical AND. Selecting the match value Any indicates a logical OR. Click Save.
In the case of Any, at least one property must exist and match. In the case of All, all properties must exist and match.
6. When you have finished selecting the events that trigger the policy, click "any object" to configure which objects to monitor for those events in order to trigger the policy.