|Table of Contents|
An action is a predefined, reusable, automated response to an event. You can use actions to automate your runbooks.
- The diagnostic thread dump actions can be performed only on nodes running a Java agent.
- The diagnostic session actions can be triggered only by violations of business transaction performance health rules or slow or stalled transaction events, since these are the events that produce a view into transaction snapshots.
- Remediation actions run a local script in a node and are available on nodes running on machines that have an installed machine agent. See Install the Standalone Machine Agent.
- Custom Actions require a dedicated controller, deployed using either the on-premise or SaaS option. This feature is not supported for accounts on multi-tenant SaaS controllers.
- Cloud Auto-Scaling actions require a previously created workflow. See Workflow AutomationOverview.
The Controller limits the actions invoked based on the number of triggering events per event type. There is a maximum of ten events for any single event type that can trigger actions in a given minute. If the number of triggering events per type exceeds the limit, the actions that would have been triggered by the excess events are not started. You will not see a visual indication that these actions are not being started.
The instructions beyond this point vary depending on the type of action you are creating. See the topics for the action type you have selected.
New in 3.7.9
You can prevent policies from firing actions for a configurable time period. See Action Suppression.