|Table of Contents|
Checking the Controller Version
In the AppDynamics UI, you can see the version of the Controller from the About AppDynamics dialog box, as follows.
To determine the version of the Controller
- Launch the AppDynamics UI in a browser.
- Click Help -> About AppDynamics.
The About AppDynamics dialog box displays the version number for the Controller.
On the Controller machine, you can get the version of the Controller by reading the README.txt file located in the Controller home directory.
Bundled Component Versions
The Controller relies on bundled infrastructure components for functions such as data storage. This page lists the version numbers of key components bundled with the current version of the Controller. While you normally do not need to be concerned about the infrastructure bundled with the Controller, it may be useful when troubleshooting environment issues.
The Glassfish server is installed in <Controller_Installation_Directory>/appserver.
The Glassfish server version bundled with the 3.8 Controller is Glassfish 22.214.171.124.
The AppDynamics Controller uses MySQL as its default database. It uses MySQL to store information about:
- Design of your applications (all meta-data about business transactions, tiers, policies etc.)
- History of the performance of your applications (metric data)
- Transaction Snapshot Data and Events
- History of incidents that occurred (both resolved and unresolved incidents are stored)
The MySQL database is installed in <Controller_Installation_Directory>/db.
The MySQL version bundled with the 3.8.0 Controller is MySQL 5.5.16. Controller 3.8.1 and later bundle MySQL 5.5.37.
The Controller bundles and uses Java 1.7.