- Total number of machine agents and containers reporting to a single Controller is 30,000.
- Total number of app agents reporting to a single Controller is 100,000.
- Monitored servers are considered stale 30 days after they go offline. They are purged from the Controller database when that time limit is reached.
- Docker Visibility is supported on Linux only.
- It is good practice to check the server frequently to make sure it has the latest Windows updates installed. WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) updates are especially important , because because the agent uses WMI to collect Server Visibility metrics.
- The monitored server should have at least 4 cores or multiple CPUs. WMI processes can be highly resource-intensive, especially on Windows Server 2012.
- If you do not have a Server Visibility license, or if you want to collect Basic metrics only, configure the agent to use the JavaHardwareMonitor extension.
- The Windows Machine Agent uses the following extensions by default:
- JavaHardwareMonitor (for Basic metrics)
- ServerMonitoring (for Server Visibility metrics)
- The HardwareMonitor extension is not recommended on Windows.
- If you do not have a Server Visibility license, or you want to collect Basic metrics only, Server Visibility should not be enabled on the agent.
- If you want to enable Server Visibility on a Windows server with a .NET APM agent installed, you must enable .NET Compatibility Mode on both the Controller and the Standalone Machine Agent.