- Determine which object you want to instrument.
You can instrument service endpoints just as you would business transactions, on the same objects, using the same matching and exclude rules, etc...
- From the left-hand navigation menu, click Configure -> Instrumentation -> <Tier> -> Service Endpoints, where <Tier> is the tier on which the service runs that interests you.
From the left-hand navigation menu, click the tier on which the service runs that interests you, and then click Service Endpoints -> Configure.
- Select the tier where you want to insert the service endpoint.
- On the Service Endpoints Definition panel, click the +, and then in the dialog that appears, select the Entry Point Type.
- Define the service endpoint as you would a business transaction.
For information on defining business transactions, see Configure Business Transaction Detection.