The Tagged Metrics panel enables you to aggregate all nodes in a tier based on a server tag (user-defined, or imported from AWS or Kubernetes) and then compare performance metrics between the node groups in one set of charts. For example, you can quickly compare the performance on all "blue nodes" and "green nodes" during a canary deployment.
- In the Controller left-side panel, select More > Tagged Metrics.
- In the Tagged Metrics panel, select the server tag and the tier of interest.
- Compare the response times, call rates and transaction outliers (errors, slow calls, very slow calls) between the tag-based node groups.
The following chart shows how you can easily compare performance between different sets of nodes. For example, you want to analyze node performance for a tier with 26 nodes running v1 of the software, and one node running v2. You select the "version" tag, which represents a Kubernetes label. The charts show very clearly that the rate of slow and very slow calls has increased dramatically on the v2 node.
This feature is disabled by default.
To enable Tagged Metrics:
- Log in to the administration console:
- In Controller Settings, search for "
tagged.metrics.enabled" and set this field to
- In Account Settings:
- Select the account to enable.
- Under Account > Additional Properties, select Add Property, add the "
tagged.metrics.enabled" property, and set it to