The AppDynamics mobile application lets you monitor the health and performance of your applications on iOS and Android devices. Alerts on a device can notify you of application issues within minutes of their occurrence.
Supported Environments and Versions
Using the AppDynamics Mobile App requires:
- Version 4.0 or later of the Controller
- For the device, these operating systems:
- iPhone, iPad, or other iOS-based devices: iOS 8.0 or higher
- Android: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher
You can view custom dashboards on the mobile app, but node- or tier-level custom dashboards are not available for viewing in the Mobile App.
Get the Mobile App
To get the AppDynamics Mobile App:
- For an iPhone, search for AppDynamics in the Apple App Store or go there directly at AppDynamics Mobile App page.
- For an Android device, search for AppDynamics in Google Play.
After installation, you need to set up your account from within the application. There are two ways to do this:
- By scanning a QR code in the Controller UI with your mobile device.
- By configuring the Controller account settings manually.
The following section describes these ways to set up your account.
Configure your Account by Scanning a QR Code
To set up your account by QR code:
- In the Controller UI, click the configuration ( ) icon and select My Preferences.
- Click the View Configuration Code link.
- Follow the instructions shown to set up your device with the QR code.
Configure your Account Manually
- Launch the mobile app.
- Click Add New Account if you have already set up an account and want to set up another.
- Enter your Controller URL and click Next.
- If you are using SSL, make sure to check the Use HTTPS box.
- Enter your account name based on your Controller type:
- For a SaaS or multi-tenant Controller, enter the account name given to you when you signed up for a SaaS Controller or the account name added by your administrator for a multi-tenant Controller.
- For a single-tenant on-premises Controller, use the built-in default account,
- Click Next.
- Enter your username and password and click Next.
Enable Notifications on the Device
Use push notifications to receive timely application health and performance information, which could significantly reduce downtime. The Mobile App lets you subscribe to any event that occurs on the Controller. To understand more about an AppDynamics event, see Monitor Events.
An on-premises Controller is not configured to generate push notifications by default. To enable push notifications, follow the instructions to Enable Notifications from an On-Premises Controller.
If notifications fail, AppDynamics captures the error in the Controller log.
iOS Device First, you need to enable the push notifications and then choose the events on which you'd like to be notified. Event types include health rule violation states, errors, application changes, and crashes as well as Synthetic events. Android Device First, you need to enable the push notifications and then choose the events on which you'd like to be notified. Event types include health rule violation states, errors, application changes, and more.
First, you need to enable the push notifications and then choose the events on which you'd like to be notified.
Event types include health rule violation states, errors, application changes, and crashes as well as Synthetic events.
Event types include health rule violation states, errors, application changes, and more.
Enable Notifications from an On-Premises Controller
To generate notifications, the on-premises Controller must be able to reach the following address:
You may need to configure your network or intervening firewalls to enable the Controller to access that domain. Once you have ensured that the Controller can access the AppDynamics site:
- Open the Administration Console.
- In the Controller Settings window, find and set the
push.notification.service.enabledflag to '
true'.The change takes effect immediately.