The Cisco FSO Platform is an extensible software platform that hosts an ecosystem of modules and applications (standalone apps and their enrichments) that provides core capabilities for developers to build observability solutions to gain visibility and actionable insights across their technology and business stack. The Cisco FSO Platform leverages OpenTelemetry™ collections to collect MELT telemetry and then transforms the raw data into flexible and scalable objects through a flexible, entity-centric model. Developers can leverage this OpenTelemetry framework and the Cisco FSO Platform's Unified Query Language (UQL) to create and monetize observability solutions.
The FSO Platform can serve observability use cases requiring:
- Data ingestion and transformation of MELT and system data from different environments and clusters
- Insights based on correlated MELT and system data
- Network observability within the context of your application
- Extended functionality of existing Cisco observability, monitoring, and security products
- Rapid development of 3rd-party "standalone" applications
- Bespoke user interfaces
- Alerting and actioning
- Customized reports
Services and Components
The Cisco FSO Platform provides the following services to power the applications and modules that you consume:
A service that ingests data into the Cisco FSO Platform.
Serverless Functions for Data I/O
A service that deploys and orchestrates Docker containers for custom data ingestion.
A service that transforms MELT data as it flows through the Cisco FSO Platform.
Health Rules and Alerting
A service that allows you to configure rules that govern the behavior of the UI and alerts that you receive.
A service that allows admins to configure access for different users of the Cisco FSO Platform.
Application/Module Lifecycle Management including knowledge and object storage
A service that manages the lifecycle of applications and modules as well as their associated objects and artifacts.
A service that manages and stores MELT data ingested by the Cisco FSO Platform.
Extensible User Interface
A service that provides an extensible and configuration driven UI.
Query Engine and Query Language (UQL)
A service that allows applications, modules, and users to query data on the Cisco FSO Platform.
The FSO Platform consists of the following components:
- Data processing: The core of the FSO Platform that is responsible for handling various data-related tasks such as modeling, ingestion, storage, and querying.
- Developer support: The set of tools and components provided by the FSO Platform that developers use to create solutions.
- Account administration: The online services for managing FSO Platform accounts, including viewing and managing tenant access, users, roles, permissions, and subscriptions.
- FSO Platform Exchange: The online venue where end users of the FSO Platform can discover and subscribe to applications and modules. The exchange also enables developers to list and market their solutions to FSO Platform customers.
OpenTelemetry™ and Kubernetes® (as applicable) are trademarks of The Linux Foundation®.