On this page:
On this page:
Perform the Manual Upgrade
Perform the following tasks to upgrade the Events Service manually. Note that Java 1.8 is required for events-service.exe to work.
- Download the Events Service distribution, events-service.zip, from the AppDynamics download site to the Events Service machine.
Stop the Events Service processes:
- Rename the existing Events Service directory, for example, to events-service-backup.
- Unzip the Events Service distribution archive you downloaded to the location where you want the Events Service to run.
- Migrate configuration changes from the properties files in the backup Events Service directory to the
conf\events-store-api-store.propertiesfile in the new Events Service directory. Depending on which type of deployment you are using, this involves inspecting and migrating settings from:
If you are upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3.x or a later version you must edit the events-service-api-store.properties file by replacing the port ranges [9300-9400] with :9300.
For example, in 4.2, the events-service-api-store.properties file looks like this:
While in 4.3 or later, the file should look like this:
-store.propertieswhile upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3.x or later.
- Verify that the new Events Service home directory exists. The Event Service home directory is determined by the
ad.es.path.homeproperty in the property file used to start up the Events Service.
If the directory does not exist, create it. For example, create the following directory:
Move (do not copy) the old Events Service data directory to the new Events Service home directory. For example:
Restart the Events Service processes from the new directory:
- Check the health API of the node.
For information on performing these steps, see Install the Events Service on Windows.
If you upgrade to 4.4.x or later from 4.3.x or an earlier version, the commands to start and stop the Events Service change. See Administer the Events Service for more information.