On this page: Related pages:
On this page:
Faults are displayed at the tier level. The number of faults displayed indicates an aggregate of faults occurring at all EPGs within the tier. You can view the number of faults at a given point of time in the Network Dashboard.
A connection is the set of all traffic for an application that has the same Source IP, Destination IP, Destination Port, and Protocol. AppDynamics detects if there is an issue in the traffic flow and indicates the connection issue on the network dashboard.
You can initiate a diagnosis to determine the exact location of the connection issue within the network by cross-launching the connection in Cisco APIC controller.
Set Custom Permission to Cross-Launch Cisco APIC Controller
To include permission to cross-launch Cisco APIC controller, follow these steps:
- While logged in to the Controller UI as an Administrator or Account Owner, click the gear icon ( ) > Administration.
- Click the Roles tab to view the list of predefined roles.
- Click + Create to create a custom role.
- Specify a Name and a Description for the newly created role.
- Customize business application level permission as follows:
- On the Applications tab, to grant the role permission to create new applications, click Can Create Applications.
- Under Default Permissions, select the default permissions for this role: View, Edit or Delete.
- Click + Add to add a new custom permission and click Done.
The custom permission is added.
- Choose Custom from the Permissions menu for the application (replacing the value of Inherited).
- Click Edit(All). Ensure that Start Cisco ACI trouble shooting is selected.
- Click OK.
Custom Permission to Cross-Launch a Connection Issue in Cisco APIC Controller
As an AppDynamics administrator, you can now set customise the permissions for various roles to include permission to cross-launch a connection issue in Cisco APIC controller. See Set Custom Permission to Cross-Launch Cisco APIC controller for more information.
Launch Affected Connection in Cisco APIC
After collecting the connection issue information, cross-launch the connection in Cisco APIC controller as follows:
- On the Network flow Map, click on the affected connection.
- On the popup window, click the Connections tab.
- Select the connection you want to troubleshoot.
- Right-click on the selection and choose Troubleshoot (Cisco APIC).
Enter Cisco APIC login credentials (first time only).
The connection opens in Cisco APIC controller with the correct contracts (Visibility & Troubleshooting wizard) and the right set of endpoints.
If you are using the Cisco ACI Release 4.0, you need not enter the login credentials. The authentication happens automatically. You must enter the login credentials only if you are using a lower version of Cisco ACI.
Troubleshoot the issue in Cisco APIC.