The following sections provide troubleshooting information for the EUM Server installation.
End User Data Does Not Appear in the Controller
If end user data does not appear in the Controller, follow these steps to troubleshoot the installation:
- Check the Controller logs for errors in attempting to connect to the EUM Server. Also, see if the Controller UI allows you to enable EUM. If so, it's likely that the connection between the Controller and EUM Server is working.
- Check the logs of the EUM Server, especially
<EUM_home>/logs/eum-processor.log. In the log, verify that the server started successfully and is receiving beacons from agents.
License Not Installed
If the installer indicates that it was not able to install the license, or after installation, if the EUM Server fails to start with a license exception, try installing the license manually.
With the Controller running and accessible to the EUM Server machine, install the license manually. Before starting, make sure the
license.lic file is at an accessible location on the EUM Server machine. Then install the license as follows:
- Verify that the
JAVA_HOME/binis in the system PATH variable and points to a Java 1.7 instance.
- In Windows, open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator).
From the command line, navigate to the
eum-processordirectory under your AppDynamics home.
- From the
eum-processordirectory, run the following script:
- On Linux:
- On Windows:
- On Linux:
EUM License Has Not Been Provisioned for an Account
Follow the instructions below to provision new EUM licenses for accounts on a multi-tenant Controller UI.
- Navigate to the Administration page of your on-premises Controller:
- Click Accounts.
- Select the account name that you want to provision EUM for and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the End User Monitoring (EUM) panel.
- From the Browser Real User Monitoring section:
- Copy the EUM license key from your license file into the EUM License Key field.
- Select a license type (EUM Lite or EUM Pro) from the License Type dropdown.
- Enter your allotted Browser RUM units into the Browser RUM Units Licensed field.
- Set overages from the Allow Overages dropdown.
- Complete the steps above for the Mobile Real User Monitoring section.
- Click Save.
Exception When Updating Application Store
You may need to tune the database thread pool. The EUM Server ships with a blank c3p0 xml configuration file to help manage this. For information on using c3p0, see the docs here. You should make your changes to
"Too Many Open Files" Exception
Exception messages such as the following indicate insufficient open file descriptor limits on the EUM Server machine:
See EUM Server Deployment for operating system requirements, including recommended settings for
nproc limits for the EUM Server operating system.
Controller Cannot Reach the Events Service
In the Administration Console, make sure that the Controller setting named
eum.es.host is set to the correct connection settings for the Events Service instance, and that the Events Service is properly installed and running at that location. If the Events Service is a cluster with a load balancer in front of it, this should be the VIP of the Events Service as exposed at the load balancer.
For more information, see Connect to the Events Service.