The Tagged Metrics window enables you to aggregate all nodes in a tier based on a server tag (user-defined, or imported from AWS or Kubernetes) and then compare performance metrics between the node groups in one set of charts. For example, you can quickly compare the performance on all "blue nodes" and "green nodes" during a canary deployment.
- In the Controller left-side menu, choose More > Tagged Metrics.
- In the Tagged Metrics window, select the server tag and the tier of interest.
- Compare the response times, call rates and transaction outliers (errors, slow calls, very slow calls) between the tag-based node groups.
The following chart shows how you can easily compare performance between different sets of nodes. The user wants to analyze node performance for a tier with 26 nodes running v1 of the software and one node running v2. The user selects the "version" tag, which represents a Kubernetes label. The charts show very clearly that the rate of slow and very slow calls has increased dramatically on the v2 node.
This feature is disabled by default. To enable:
- Log in to the administration console: http:<controller-hostname>:8080/controller/admin.jsp or https:<controller-hostname>:443/controller/admin.jsp
- In Controller Settings, search for "tagged.metrics.enabled" and set this field to true.
- In Account Settings:
- Select the account to enable.
- Under Account > Additional Properties: click Add Property, add the "tagged.metrics.enabled" property, and set it to true.