A network request is an HTTP request from your mobile app to a server-side application.
The iOS Agent detects network requests when the underlying implementation is handled by the
The Android Agent detects network requests when the underlying implementation is handled by the
You can use the agent SDK to set up other HTTP classes if desired.
View Network Requests
There are different ways of viewing network request data in the Network Requests View:
- The Network Requests list displays current network request types to your applications. You can sort the list according to key metrics such as the slowest response time, highest error rate, highest load, etc. You can view a network request dashboard that summarizes aggregate performance for a specific network request type.
- Network Request Analyze allows you to sort and filter a store of all the network request data your agents have collected and to see visualizations based on that data.
- A Network Request Snapshot reports information on an individual instance of a network request. Snapshots are useful for examining the details of the worst-performing requests. Access these snapshots from the network request snapshots list.
Network request data is also displayed in the Mobile App Dashboard.
- The Overview tab has the following widgets showing information about network requests:
Network Request Scorecard: Displays the number and percentage of normal, slow, very slow, and stalled network requests. Clicking on the widget opens the Network Requests list.
Network Request Health: Displays the number of network requests evaluated as normal, critical, or warning based on default or configured health rules. Clicking on the widget opens the Network Requests list.
- Network Request Time By Country: Displays a heat map of the world based on the number of network requests. Clicking on the widget opens the geographic view.
Requests Per Minute: Displays a bar graph showing the number of requests per minute over the specified time period. Clicking on the widget opens the geographic view.
Network Requests Time Distribution: Displays a bar graph showing the number of requests made at different network request times. In addition, the graph gives the percentage rank of the number of network requests in its frequency distribution of network request time. For example, the 95th percentile (5,419 ms) indicates that 95% of the network requests had a network request time of 5,419 ms or less. Clicking on the widget opens the Charts tab of Network Request Analyze.
Network Request Time Trend: Displays a line graph showing the average network response time over a specified time period. Clicking on the widget opens the geographic view.
HTTP Errors: Displays the number and rate of HTTP errors. Clicking on the widget opens the Network Requests list.
HTTP and Network Errors Trend: Displays a line graph comparing the number of HTTP and network errors over a specified time period. Clicking on the widget opens the geographic view.
- The geographic view reports aggregated mobile data by geographic location. Monitor the geographic view to learn which countries have the highest number of requests, the longest request times, and the most errors.
- Usage stats display key network request metrics by various criteria: device, carrier, operating system version, connection type, and application. For example, you can see which carriers are the slowest or which devices are producing the most errors.
The controller processes a maximum of 2000 network requests per mobile app group and 500 network requests per mobile application. See Network Request Limits for suggestions on how to configure network request detection to stay under this limit.
Access the Network Requests View
- Open the application in which you are interested.
- In the left navigation bar, select Network Requests.
- Click the tab for the view you want to access.