When using the Machine Agent on Windows:
- Check the server frequently to ensure that it has the latest Windows updates installed.
- If you have a Server Visibility license, use the ServerMonitoring extension.
- If you do not have a Server Visibility license, or if you want to collect Basic metrics only, use the JavaHardwareMonitor extension.
- There is a known Windows issue when using the HardwareMonitor extension to collect metrics on Windows 8: The "Win32_Service" WMI class leaks memory in Windows Server 2008 R2 and in Windows 7. As a result, AppDynamics does not recommend using the HardwareMonitor extension on Windows. You should use JavaHardwareMonitor instead.
- However, if you must use the HardwareMonitor extension on Windows, apply this Microsoft hotfix to the server: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/981314
Server Visibility on Windows
See Server Visibility Requirements and Supported Environments for additional guidelines
Running the Machine Agent and .NET Agent on the Same Machine
To collect Machine or Server metrics on a machine with Machine and .NET Agents installed, you must enable .NET Compatibility Mode on both the Controller and the Machine Agent. See .NET Compatibility Mode