On this page:
Please note the following when using the Machine Agent on Windows.
- It is good practice to check the server frequently to make sure it has the latest Windows updates installed.
- If you have a Server Visibility license, use the ServerMonitoring extension.
- If you do not have a Server Visibility license, or if you want to collect Basic metrics only, use the JavaHardwareMonitor extension.
- There is a known Windows issue when using the HardwareMonitor extension to collect metrics on Windows 8: The "Win32_Service" WMI class leaks memory in Windows Server 2008 R2 and in Windows 7
- For this reason, the HardwareMonitor extension is not recommended on Windows. Use JavaHardwareMonitor instead.
- If you must use the HardwareMonitor extension on Windows, make sure you apply the following Microsoft hotfix to the server: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/981314
Server Visibility on Windows
For additional guidelines, see Server Visibility Requirements and Supported Environments.
Running the Machine Agent and .NET Agent on the Same Machine
If you want to collect Machine or Server metrics on a machine with Machine and .NET Agents installed, you must enable .NET Compatibility Mode on both the Controller and the Machine Agent. For more information, see .NET Compatibility Mode.