You can link to DB CAM for any DB CAM-monitored database that is discovered by AppDynamics. This integration provides access to the database performance metrics provided by DB CAM.
Prerequisites for DB CAM Integration
To use this integration you must have a DB CAM license.
DB CAM must be configured to monitor the databases that you want to link to from AppDynamics.
Configuring AppDynamics to Interface with DB CAM
You configure DB CAM integration at the account level and at the app agent level.
Configure DB CAM at the Account Level
Configure the integration at the account level using the Administration Console at
Create two new properties as name-value pairs in each account for which you want to enable DB CAM integration.
Configure One AppDynamics Account for DB CAM Integration
- Log in to the Administrator Console with the administrator root password.
- Select Accounts.
- In the accounts list, double-click the account for which you want to configure DB CAM integration.
- In the upper right corner of the account screen, click Additional Account Properties.
- In the Additional Account Properties screen, click Add Property to add the DB_CAM_URL property.
- In the left field enter "DB_CAM_URL".
In the right field enter the URL of the AppDynamics Controller that you are configuring using the syntax:
- Click Add Property again to add the DB_CAM_ENABLED property.
- In the left field enter "DB_CAM_ENABLED".
- In the right field enter "true".
- Click OK to save the properties.
- Log out of the Administrator Console.
Configure DB CAM at the Agent Level
For each app agent for which you want to enable access to deep diagnostics from DB CAM:
Open the AppServerAgent/conf/app-agent-config.xml file for the app agent.
Locate the TransactionMonitoringService element:
Add the jdbc-dbcam-integration-enabled property for the service:
- Save the file.
Linking to DB CAM from AppDynamics
You can link to DB CAM from any AppDynamics flow map that displays a discovered DB CAM-monitored database. The flow map could be in a dashboard or a transaction snapshot.
If you link to DB CAM from a dashboard you will land in the DB CAM instance dashboard. If you link to be DB CAM from a transaction snapshot, you will land in the DB CAM Session Drill Down screen.
To Link to DB CAM from a Dashboard
- In the flow map of a dashboard, right-click on the link below a database icon.
- Click Search in DBCam.
DB CAM launches and displays the instance dashboard for the selected database.
To Link to DB CAM from a Transaction Snapshot
- In the flow map of a transaction snapshot, right-click on the link below the database icon.
- Click Search in DBCam.
DB CAM launches and displays the session drill down for the selected database.