AppDynamics monitors applications that have been created with Go SDK.
The AppDynamics Go SDK can:
- Trace transactions through Go tiers
- Surface Go runtime errors
- Report backend calls made by Go services
Once the agent connects to the Controller, you can see flow maps, key performance indicators, errors and other information for the Go tier.
Go SDK Supported Platforms
- Any Linux distribution based on glibc 2.5 and later
- Mac OS X 10.8 and later
Install the AppDynamics Go SDK
To install the SDK:
- Download the Go SDK distribution. See Download AppDynamics Software.
Extract the Go SDK Zip in the Go workspace.
After installing the Go SDK, you are ready to instrument your Go application using the API.
The Go SDK uses cGo in the background. In Go, when you are calling out to C/C++, the code converts the current Goroutine to an OS thread. This is a limitation of the runtime, not the Go SDK Agent. If you are running the agent with many Goroutines and make Go SDK calls within the Go routines in your application code, there may be a risk of reaching the OS thread limit. Contact Technical Support if you encounter this limitation.