The Sessions window shows you the Session ID of the Top N sessions using the database sorted by time spent. To see the Top N SQL run by a session, click the Session ID and then click View Top Queries. From the Client top queries page, to see more details about a query, double-click a query to open the Query Details window and from there see the Execution Plan of the query.
Access the Database Sessions Window
To access the Database Sessions Window
- To view a database's sessions, click the name of the database.
- Click the Sessions tab.
Features of the Database Sessions Window
On the Database Sessions window you can:
- Choose to view information for the top 10, 50, 100 or 200 sessions consuming database resources.
- Double click a session ID to view the queries run in that particular session.
Click the down arrow next to the database name at the top of the page to choose to view the database sessions of a different database by either selecting the database from the list or by searching for the database by entering text in the search bar and then clicking the refresh icon to show only databases that meet that search criteria.
- Click Actions to export the data on this window in a .csv formatted file that is automatically downloaded to your specified downloads directory.
On the Database Sessions window you can see the following information:
- Session ID: the Session ID of each database instance usage.
- Weight (%): the percentage of time that instance was using the database in comparison with the database usage of other sessions.