On this page:
Widgets are used to create visual representations of your data in the dashboards.
Only certain widgets of Beta Dash Studio have been included in this page. The page will be updated as and when new widgets appear in the product.
Cards are small containers for placing the widgets. It basically has a title, border, and sometimes a footer and/or actions related to the specific context of the Card. These containers have text labels which lets you understand information clearly. They can be renamed or deleted as per your requirement at any instant.
Following are the widget types available on the Dash Studio:
Label Widget is a simple text string that enables you to add text on the dashboard canvas.
Time Series Chart
A Time Series chart is a two-dimensional time-based series of data points connected by a line. There can be multiple lines on one chart. These are similar to a scatter plot except that the measurement points are ordered (typically by their x-axis value) and joined with line segments, which are either straight or curved.
A Metric Number chart basically highlights a single value/KPI.
It is typically created by:
- a single measure which can be specified using the Data Panel
- by combining or aggregating multiple metrics
The value display shows the following:
- a single measure or metric value at any instant
- comparison of two values (either two different metrics or a metric at different points of time)
- an aggregation of metrics across many objects and/or a large interval of time
These charts can be enriched with contextual information that enables you to interpret the present value or the change in value over a time period, since many are concerned with the trend of a value over time. They are not just used to display number but can also be used to display text, such as the date and time of an incident.
You can display the metric value or a combination of these values in various ways like selecting a single metric:
by name associated with a particular entity or object that the you want to know more about
aggregated across all entities of a certain type or a provided sublist of entities
aggregated for a sublist of entities which is dynamically determined
This helps you in understanding value of a metric value at the current point in time and also the pattern of the value of the metric over any time interval.
Health widget provides different visualizations of the health information of one or more entities for a specified time range. This widget lets you create and view health information of one or more entities at a time for Applications, Business Transactions, Tiers, Nodes, and Health Rules. By default, Health widget displays health information as a ratio pie. The ratio pie visualization provides an additional option of displaying a metric value at the centre of the donut pie.
You can change the visual appearance of the Health widget by selecting options available in the Visualization section under Widget Properties panel on the right. The widget can be displayed on the dashboard as a:
- Ratio Donut - Health widget is by default displayed as a Ratio Donut.
- Label Format - This option allows you to change the format of the label by showing either the "Count and Type" or just the "Count".
- Centre Value Unit - This option lets you set the unit value.
- Data Labels - It lets you turn on or off the data labels.
Traffic Light - Displays the health information of critical, warning, and normal status as a traffic light. The health status shown is the overall health status of a list of entities determined by the Aggregation Type.
"Worst Health" is the only Aggregation Type supported currently for the Health widget. It shows the worst health status in the given list of entities. Additional aggregation types will be included in the future releases.
- Ratio Bar and List - Displays health status as a ratio bar along with the list of of all the entities being monitored (with a health icon next to it). You can modify the size of the bar with "Bar Size" to small or medium. The "Font Weight" option lets you change the appearance of the font inside the widget to "Light", "Medium", and "Strong".
- Ratio Bar - Displays the health status as a ratio bar.
- List - Displays the health status as a list.
This panel lets you select the data type whose health information is to be displayed on the Health widget.
Consider an example where a you want to know the health status of the ECommerce application. You can follow the steps below:
- Choose a value from the "Show me data for" drop-down menu based on the data type you wish to display.
We have selected Health Rules in this scenario.
- The subsequent input fields displayed in the Data Panel are specific to the data type selected in the previous step. In this case, it is the Health Rules drop-down menu that lets you select the application for which you want to drill down the data.
- The next drop-down menu lets you select a specific "Named" health rule from the list that pops up or select "All Health Rules". For instance, if you select "All Health Rules" the Health widget appears as shown below:
After you have specified valid inputs for all fields, the widget will be updated on the canvas to display the results. To see the centre value click "Add Center Query".