Code issue snapshots provide the detailed information given in the list below for one code issue. A code issue snapshot is created when an instance of an instrumented application experiences an ANR, slow UI, or manually reports a caught exception. To manually report caught exceptions, you use either the iOS SDK or the Android SDK.
- the thread that contains a function that is not responding or has a caught exception
- the source file containing the function that is not responding or has the caught exception
- the line number in the source file, if available
- the stack trace of the application at the time of the code issue
For iOS applications, code issue snapshots are based on:
- handled Objective-C exceptions
- slow UI
For Android applications, crash snapshots are based on:
- handled Java exceptions
- slow UI
Code Issue Snapshot Details
The Issue Snapshot Details dialog has the two panels Issue Summary and Issue Distribution. In short, the Issue Summary panel displays basic information about the code issue and the stack trace. The Issue Distribution panel displays widgets with distributed issue metrics by code issue group as well as the stack trace.
View Code Issue Snapshot Details
- Navigate to Code Issues > Analyze.
- From the Code Issue Events widget, double-click one of the code issue snapshots.
The Issues Summary panel of the snapshot displays the key properties of the snapshot. Unlike with crashes, code issues do not include breadcrumbs.
The Stack Trace panel displays the call stack of the code issue, showing the thread in which the caught exception or ANR occurred. This is the full stack trace for this specific code issue, not the aggregated stack trace shown in the Unique Issue Dashboard. You can view the formatted stack trace that groups threads and parses the output or the raw log output for the stack trace.
Click Download to grab the stack trace in a file that you can forward to developers or port to logging platforms. To see the code issue in the context of the mobile session, click View Session.
The Issue Distribution panel displays smaller-sized widgets from the Analyze tab with distributed metrics for the code issue group.