On this page:
On this page:
How to Set Up Alerts for Code Issues
Below is the basic workflow for setting up alerts for code issues:
- Report Errors: In your application code, use the iOS, Android, or Xamarin SDK to report errors. Set the severity to either
CRITICAL. Only errors with the severity of
CRITICALwill trigger alerts with the default health rule.
- Configure Thresholds: Set the warning and critical thresholds for application not responding issues:
- Navigate to Configuration > Mobile App Group Configuration > Settings.
- From Configure Application Not Responding Thresholds, set the values for Warning Threshold and Critical Threshold. Any value that is less than the warning threshold will be labeled as Info.
- View alerts for code issues.
Report Errors with the Mobile SDKs
Configure Threshold for Code Issue Alerts
You can configure the thresholds for ANRs that must be reached before you are alerted. See Configure Application Not Responding Thresholds for instructions.
The health rule Critical Code Issues exist is used to send alerts when one if the following occurs:
- You have used the Android or iOS SDK to report an error with the severity of critical.
- The time that your application has not responded exceeded the critical threshold.
After you set up the email alerts, when a health rule is violated, an email will be sent indicating whether there was a warning or critical alert and providing links to view code issue and session details.