You acquire your Application Analytics license from your AppDynamics sales representative.
There are four types of licenses associated with Application Analytics:
- Transaction Analytics
- Log Analytics
- Browser Analytics
- Mobile Analytics
You do not need an analytics license to view Browser Synthetic Monitoring sessions data. If you have a Synthetic Pro license, you will be able to see the Analytics tab in the controller and if you don't have an Analytics license, the only event type you can see is Synthetic Sessions.
Analytics licenses are based on the following:
- Volume of data:
- Transaction Analytics: Measured as a specific number of Business Transaction events. Cumulative usage per hour against the daily limit can be viewed on the Administration License page. Do not attempt to compare the number of transactions on the Analytics search page to the number reported in account usage. The analytics search page reports business transactions and the account usage page reports the number of events. There can be several events for each business transaction.
- Log Analytics: Measured as the size of incoming data. Cumulative usage per hour against the daily limit can be viewed on the Administration License page.
- Browser: Page views
- Mobile: Monthly Active Users
Data retention time may vary depending on your specific license, see License Entitlements and Restrictions
Analytics does not support overages. AppDynamics stops capturing analytics data after your limit has been reached.
Updating an On-Premises License
If you are updating a previous license, be aware that updated Analytics licenses may not automatically propagate on the Controller across multiple user accounts in an on-premises instance. Updating of these licenses must be managed manually. To update the licenses, open the Administration Console.
- Select Accounts.
- Double-click on each account to open.
- In the top section, adjust the License Date manually.
- Scroll down to the Application Analytics section, and update the license units provisioned, as necessary.
- Repeat for all accounts.