This topic describes how to interpret the details of your Application Analytics license information.
There are four types of licenses associated with Application Analytics:
- Transaction Analytics
- Log Analytics
- Browser Analytics
- Mobile Analytics
With a Browser Synthetic Pro license, you do not need an Analytics license to view Synthetic session data.
Analytics licenses are based on the following:
- Transaction Analytics: Measured as a specific number of Business Transaction events. Cumulative usage per hour against the daily limit can be viewed on the Administration License page. Do not attempt to compare the number of transactions on the Analytics search page to the number reported in account usage. The analytics search page reports business transactions and the account usage page reports the number of events. There can be several events for each business transaction.
- Log Analytics: Measured as the size of incoming data. Cumulative usage per hour against the daily limit can be viewed on the Administration License page.
- Browser Analytics: Pageviews
- Mobile Analytics: Active Agents
Data retention time may vary depending on your specific license. See License Entitlements and Restrictions.
Analytics does not support overages. AppDynamics stops capturing analytics data after your limit has been reached.
Update an On-Premises License
If you are updating a previous license for on-prem, be aware that updated Analytics licenses may not automatically appear in the Controller across multiple user accounts. Updating these licenses must be managed manually. To update the licenses, open the Administration Console.
- Select Accounts.
- Double-click on an account.
- In the top section, adjust the License Date manually.
- Scroll down to the Application Analytics section, and update the license units provisioned, as necessary.
- Repeat for all accounts.