The following pages provide information on installing app agent, along with general information on installing AppDynamics app agents.
For Agent-to-Controller version compatibility information, see Agent and Controller Compatibility.
Planning Agent Deployment
When planning your deployment, you should consider whether to install agents manually or using some form of automation. If deploying a relatively small number of agents, you may choose to install the agent manually. For larger environments involving hundreds of agents, it is likely that you would want to develop an automated deployment strategy.
The pages in this section contain information applicable across agent types. For specific types of agents, see the following links:
- Java: Java Agent or Install the Java Agent.
- .NET: .NET Agent or Install the .NET Agent for Windows.
- Node.js: Node.js Agent or Install the Node.js Agent.
- PHP: PHP Agent or Install the PHP Agent.
- Python: Python Agent or Install the Python Agent.
- Database Agent: Administer the Database Agent
- Standalone Machine Agent: Install the Standalone Machine Agent
For automated deployment guidelines, see Controller Deployment.